2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Eastern
The Last Word
301 W Huron Street , Ann Arbor, MI, 48103
The margarita is a simple sour – just tequila, lime juice, and an orange liqueur as sweetener. But once you start delving into those ingredients (not to mention the salt/not salt debate) it becomes clear that a great margarita is anything but simple. In this lab you’ll taste a variety of tequila and orange liqueurs on their own, and test out proportions and presentation methods on your way to developing your ideal margarita recipe.
Your booking includes light snacks (pretzels, nuts). The Last Word is closed during the class, so no food service is available. The class includes a combination of history and stories, technique instruction, and hands-on making of cocktails. Plus sampling, of course! Total consumption is equivalent to 1.5-2 cocktails per person over the two hour class.
READ BEFORE BOOKING
The friendships that have sprung up between strangers seated together at Tammy’s Tastings classes are some of our favorite things and communal tables are an important part of the Tammy’s Tastings experience! But we understand some of you may not yet be ready to be seated with people you don’t know, so we are offering both private and communal tables. Attending alone? We apologize, but we cannot guarantee that singles will be seated at a table by themselves, so only buy a ticket if you are willing to be seated with others.
How to book:
- Choose your table type, then purchase the number of tickets for your party. Pricing is per person, not per table.
- Due to table size limitations, the maximum party size is 6 people, and there are a limited number of those tables available.
- Everyone in your group should book on a single order as we cannot guarantee that groups booking separately will be seated together (this is a change from the past where you had the option of specifying people to be seated with).
We will be following all state requirements regarding Covid-19 precautions as they exist at the time of the class. We recognize that everyone has their own level of risk tolerance and requirements. Please review the list below, and only book if you are comfortable with the situation as described, and note our refund policy which provide credits rather than refunds in most cases.
- Unvaccinated individuals should wear a mask at all times, removing it only to sample cocktails and then replacing it
- We will not be conducting temperature checks or verifying vaccination status on arrival
- Tables will NOT be separated by 6 feet
- Equipment, finished drink samples and ingredients will be shared between tables
- Many people will be unmasked
- Maximum class size will be 24 people, plus staff
Bookings are closed for this event. Space may still be available, call Tammy at 734-276-3215 to inquire.